Fire safety in the workplace
Training Courses & Consultancy
FES Emergency Training deliver a range of classroom courses, practical training and consultancy services in emergency management and fire safety. Our programs have been developed by expert fire fighters, adhere to Australian Standards and are delivered by fire fighters with many years of field experience.
Find out more about our courses, and why you should train with FES.
We deliver two warden courses, both with classroom delivered theory and a practical component.
- Wardens – a 3-hour course in the fundamentals of fire and emergency safety, with hands-on fire extinguisher training
- Chief Wardens – a 2-day course in the theory and application of emergency management procedures, including the responsibilities of being a chief warden and member of an ECO
The courses are delivered at the MFB’s Burnley training facility. For larger groups, the Warden course can also be delivered at your premises.
We deliver two courses designed to equip first responders with the skills needed to combat a small fire. These courses provide hands-on training with portable fire equipment, including fire extinguishers, fire hoses and blankets.
- Extinguisher and Hose Reel Training – a practical class in the use of portable fire equipment
- Initial Emergency Response & Extinguisher Training – a practical class with an additional classroom component on emergency safety and responding to fire incidents
Supervised Activities and Consultancy
We provide specialised consultancy services to support your workplace, site and organisation.
- Practical Evacuation Fire Drill
- Emergency procedure planning
- Specialist consultation services
Place of Public Entertainment Safety Officer Course
The Safety Officer course is a specialist course designed for safety officers at public events. The course is registered with the Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority, and managed in collaboration with the Victorian Emergency Management Training Centre (VEMTC).
Be trained by real firefighting professionals
Upcoming Course Dates
More courses will be added throughout the year.
Warden Course Dates 2018
The Warden course runs for 3 hours, commencing at 9am at the MFB Burnley Training Facility.
- Thursday 5th July
- Thursday 19th July
- Wednesday 1st August
- Thursday 16th August
- Thursday 30th August
- Thursday 13th September
- Thursday 4th October
- Thursday 11th October
- Thursday 25th October
- Thursday 15th November
- Thursday 22nd November
- Thursday 6th December
- Thursday 13th December
Chief Wardens Course Dates 2018
The Chief Wardens course is held over two days at the MFB Burnley Training Facility, from 8:30am – 5pm each day.
- Tuesday 26th & Wednesday 27th June – class full!
- Tuesday 10th & Wednesday 11th July
- Tuesday 24th & Wednesday 25th July – class full!
- Tuesday 21st & Wednesday 22nd August
- Tuesday 18th & Wednesday 19th September
- Tuesday 23rd & Wednesday 24th October
- Tuesday 13th & Wednesday 14th November
- Tuesday 27th & Wednesday 28th November
- Tuesday 11th & Wednesday 12th December
Place of Public Entertainment Safety Officer Course Dates 2018
The Place of Public Entertainment Safety Officer course runs across three days. The course is held at the MFB Burnley Training Facility, with an excursion on the third day held at a public venue.
- April: Wednesday 11th, Friday 20th and Friday 27th April
- June: Friday 8th, Friday 15th and Friday 22nd June
- July/August: Friday 27th July, Friday 3rd August and Friday 10th August
Our office staff are available to assist with training enquiries 10am – 4pm weekdays. To make an enquiry or booking with FES Emergency Training, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 1300 855 163.
Train hands-on with fire extinguishers, hoses and blankets
Training by experienced firefighters
Businesses, lives and communities can be at risk in an emergency. There is no second chance.
Safety & Compliance
Safety is everyone’s responsibility. The Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Australian Standards for emergency planning in facilities place obligations on property owners, property managers, employers and employees. These regulations and standards lead to compliance regimes that help us ensure everyone’s safety, reducing risk to person and property, and aiding emergency responders to assist us when incidents occur.
FES provide a range of emergency management, consulting and training programs to help you prevent, manage and respond to emergencies. In addition to our popular training courses held at the MFB Burnley Training Facility, we provide consultancy and training services customised to your needs and delivered at your premises. Our services are designed according to the Australian Standards AS 3745-2010 and 1851-2012.
Train with experienced firefighting professionals.
FES don’t take short-cuts with training – we provide you with the knowledge and confidence you need to stay safe. FES trainers are firefighters working in the Metropolitan Fire Brigade (MFB), bringing a wealth of real-life experiences and practical examples to our training programs. When you attend an FES course you can be sure that you are training with the most knowledgeable people in the industry.
Not sure which course or service you need? Contact our team for advice by phone 1300 855 163 or by email email@example.com. Our team are available 10am – 4pm weekdays.