Fire safety in the workplace
Training Courses & Consultancy
FES Emergency Training deliver a range of classroom courses, practical training and consultancy services in emergency management and fire safety. Our programs have been developed by expert fire fighters, adhere to Australian Standards and are delivered by fire fighters with many years of field experience.
Find out more about our courses, and why you should train with FES.
We deliver two warden courses, both with classroom delivered theory and a practical component.
- Wardens – a 3-hour course in the fundamentals of fire and emergency safety, with hands-on fire extinguisher training
- Chief Wardens – a 2-day course in the theory and application of emergency management procedures, including the responsibilities of being a chief warden and member of an ECO
The courses are delivered at the MFB’s Burnley training facility. For larger groups, the Warden course can also be delivered at your premises.
We deliver two courses designed to equip first responders with the skills needed to combat a small fire. These courses provide hands-on training with portable fire equipment, including fire extinguishers, fire hoses and blankets.
- Extinguisher and Hose Reel Training – a practical class in the use of portable fire equipment
- Initial Emergency Response & Extinguisher Training – a practical class with an additional classroom component on emergency safety and responding to fire incidents
Supervised Activities and Consultancy
We provide specialised consultancy services to support your workplace, site and organisation.
- Practical Evacuation Fire Drill
- Emergency procedure planning
- Specialist consultation services
Place of Public Entertainment Safety Officer Course
The Safety Officer course is a specialist course designed for safety officers at public events. The course is registered with the Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority, and managed in collaboration with the Victorian Emergency Management Training Centre (VEMTC).
Be trained by real firefighting professionals
Upcoming Course Dates
More courses will be added throughout the year.
Warden Course Dates 2017
The Warden course runs for 3 hours, commencing at 9am at the MFB Burnley Training Facility.
Update: New dates added for July and August!
- Thursday 22nd June
- Thursday 29th June
- Thursday 6th July
- Thursday 20th July
- Thursday 3rd August
- Thursday 17th August
Chief Wardens Course Dates 2017
The Chief Wardens course is held over two days at the MFB Burnley Training Facility, from 8:30am – 5pm each day.
Update: New dates added for July through to December!
- Tuesday 27th & Wednesday 28th June
- Tuesday 11th & Wednesday 12th July
- Tuesday 8th & Wednesday 9th August
- Tuesday 12th & Wednesday 13th September
- Tuesday 3rd & Wednesday 4th October
- Tuesday 31st October & Wednesday 1st November
- Tuesday 28th & Wednesday 29th November
Place of Public Entertainment Safety Officer Course Dates 2017
The Place of Public Entertainment Safety Officer course runs across three days. The course is held at the MFB Burnley Training Facility, with an excursion on the third day held at a public venue.
Please note: changed dates for the July/August course
- Wednesday 23rd, Friday 25th, and Thursday 31st August
- Wednesday 22nd, Thursday 23rd Nov, and Friday 8th December
To make an enquiry or booking with FES Emergency Training, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 1300 855 163.
Train hands-on with fire extinguishers, hoses and blankets
Training by experienced firefighters
Businesses, lives and communities can be at risk in an emergency. There is no second chance.
Safety & Compliance
Safety is everyone’s responsibility. The Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Australian Standards for emergency planning in facilities place obligations on property owners, property managers, employers and employees. These regulations and standards lead to compliance regimes that help us ensure everyone’s safety, reducing risk to person and property, and aiding emergency responders to assist us when incidents occur.
FES provide a range of emergency management, consulting and training programs to help you prevent, manage and respond to emergencies. In addition to our popular training courses held at the MFB Burnley Training Facility, we provide consultancy and training services customised to your needs and delivered at your premises. Our services are designed according to the Australian Standards AS 3745-2010 and 1851-2012.
Train with experienced firefighting professionals.
FES don’t take short-cuts with training – we provide you with the knowledge and confidence you need to stay safe. FES trainers are firefighters working in the Metropolitan Fire Brigade (MFB), bringing a wealth of real-life experiences and practical examples to our training programs. When you attend an FES course you can be sure that you are training with the most knowledgeable people in the industry.
Not sure which course or service you need? Contact our team for advice by phone 1300 855 163 or by email email@example.com