Warden Course with Extinguisher Training
Our Warden course equips Wardens and Emergency Control Organisation members (ECO) with the fundamental skills and knowledge needed for emergency situations.
Who should attend
The Warden course is open to members of the public over the age of 18. There is no training prerequisite. The Wardens course is designed to assist you in the following emergency control and safety roles:
- Chief wardens
- Wardens and area wardens
- Emergency officers
- Fire safety officers
- Security staff
- Workplace health and safety managers and staff
- Members of an emergency control organisation
- Communication officers
On completion of the course, participants will
- Know how to respond to major incidents such as fire and bomb threats
- Have an understanding of emergency preparedness
- Manage their roles and responsibilities as emergency personnel
- Understand how to choose and use a fire extinguisher to extinguish fires
- Be confident in responding to emergency situations
Burnley Courses and Tailored On-Site Courses
Our Warden course is offered in two formats –
- (i) Burnley Warden Course – a complete course that includes hands-on training with fire extinguishers, conducted at the MFB’s Burnley Training Facility
- (ii) Tailored On-Site Warden Course – delivered on your premises when you have a large group of attendees
The tailored on-site course is intended where you have a large group, typically 15 or more. FES’ trainer will attend your premises to conduct the course. The inclusion of fire extinguisher training is optional, and is dependent on there being a suitable safe space on your premises.
Upon completion of the course attendees will receive a certificate of attendance.
Course Duration: The Warden course is 3 hours. For tailored courses where fire extinguisher training is not conducted, the duration is 2 hours.
Our Warden course is structured in accordance with Australian Standards: Planning for Emergencies in Facilities (AS 3745-2010) and Planning for Emergencies in Health Care Facilities (AS 4083-2010). Course content includes:
- Principles of fire (including the fire triangle, heat transfer, extinguishing a fire)
- Identifying risks and hazards in the workplace
- Identifying and understanding fire fighting equipment in buildings
- Emergency evacuation assembly areas
- The roles and responsibilities of Emergency Control Organisation (ECO) personnel
- Evacuation procedures (including emergency procedures and standard fire orders)
- Correct techniques for the use of fire extinguishers
Our Warden courses also include the opportunity to extinguish fires in a safe and controlled environment, supervised by experienced firefighters.
Attendees should be dressed in comfortable clothes with solid footwear. Open-toe shoes or sandals are not suitable.
Book Your Warden Course
Tailored on-site warden courses can be scheduled at any time, depending on trainer availability.
The upcoming dates for the Burnley Warden Course are:
- (am) Thursday 27th June – 9am-12pm
- (am) Thursday 11th July – 9am-12pm
- (am) Thursday 25th July – 9am-12pm
- (pm) Thursday 25th July – 1pm-4pm
- (am) Thursday 8th August – 9am-12pm
- (pm) Thursday 8th August – 1pm-4pm
- (am) Thursday 22nd August – 9am-12pm
- (pm) Thursday 22nd August – 1pm-4pm
- (am) Thursday 5th September – 9am-12pm
- (am) Thursday 19th September – 9am-12pm
- (pm) Thursday 19th September – 1pm-4pm
- (am) Thursday 3rd October – 9am-12pm
- (am) Thursday 17th October – 9am-12pm
- (am) Thursday 31st October – 9am-12pm
- (am) Thursday 7th November – 9am-12pm
- (am) Thursday 28th November – 9am-12pm
- (am) Thursday 5th December – 9am-12pm
- (pm) Thursday 5th December – 1pm-4pm
- (am) Thursday 12th December – 9am-12pm
- (pm) Thursday 12th December – 9am-12pm
Wardens and ECO members should complete the Warden Course every two years.
Contact our team today by phone 1300 855 163 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: FES Emergency Training courses are updated regularly to reflect changes in Australian Standards, improvements in training delivery and to include feedback from our customers. Due to these changes the course delivered to you by our trainers may differ from the description on this webpage. FES Emergency Training courses will always adhere to Australian Standards and building codes, and will always provide services to you with the intention of keeping you and the community safe.